Too much information?
If you retrieve too many records, you can
narrow your search.
- You may use the LIMIT option to narrow your
results by one or more of the following:
- Language (e.g. Spanish, French, etc.)
- Material type (e.g. audio-visual, etc.)
- Words in the author
- Words in the title
- Words in the subject
- Publisher (e.g. Harper & Row, etc.)
- Where the item is located (e.g. Indiana
- Year of publication (e.g. 1987, after
1987; for years prior to 1900, backspace over the prompt and type.)
You may enter several limiting factors before
selecting the FIND option.
- In the best records you have found, select
the SHOW SIMILAR items. Pick the subject that best meets your needs, and
examine the records under that subject.
- In the best records you have found, examine
the words in the article titles and subjects. Do a WORDS search using the best
word(s) from these.
If you have questions, ask library staff for